About the Diabetes Education Practice
The QML Pathology Diabetes Education Practice (DEP) is a specialised team dedicated to helping people with diabetes to improve their health and lifestyle.
As a member of the DEP website, you have access to a wide range of tools and features to help you manage your diabetes your way:
- My Test Results – View your test results as interactive graphs
- My Blood Glucose – Record and monitor your daily blood glucose levels
- My Practice – Learn about updates, events and the practice
- About Diabetes – Find out about diabetes diagnosis and treatment
- Resources – Access information brochures, articles and useful links
- Lifestyle – Find recipes, exercises and helpful information about living with diabetes.
Complementing the DEP website is the face-to-face DEP.
How the Face-to-Face DEP works
The Face-to-Face DEP is run by Credentialled Diabetes Educators based at a number of conveniently located QML Pathology collection centres.
The Educators will work with the referring GP to develop a comprehensive management plan for each patient.
Benefits for You
- Run by Credentialled Diabetes Educators
- Mixture of individual and group education sessions
- A 100% bulk billed service for Medicare cardholders
- Based at various QML Pathology collection centres throughout Queensland
- Education and self management tools
- Access to the DEP website diabetes.medway.com.au and a wide range of features – recipe and exercise information, pathology results (Hba1c, albumin/creatinine ratio, cholesterol), interactive tools for monitoring blood glucose levels, articles and information brochures
Enrolling in the Face-to-Face DEP
- Make an appointment with your GP
- To enrol you in the Diabetes Education Practice, your GP will need to send us:
- A completed Diabetes Education Practice enrolment form
- A copy of your General Practice Management Plan (GPMP)
- Once completed, your GP needs to send the enrolment information to the DEP team:
- Via QML Pathology Courier
- By fax: (07) 5444 6061
- By email: email@example.com
- By post: The Diabetes Education Practice
c/- QML Pathology
PO Box 5071
Maroochydore BC QLD 4558
- Once the DEP team have received your enrolment they will contact you to set up an appointment at one of our conveniently located collection centres.
If you would like to enrol in the Face-to-Face DEP, please speak to your GP about a referral.