About the Diabetes Care Clinic
The QML Pathology Diabetes Care Clinic (DCC) is a specialised team dedicated to helping people with diabetes to improve their health and lifestyle.
As a member of the DCC website, you have access to a wide range of tools and features to help you manage your diabetes your way:
- My Test Results – View your test results as interactive graphs
- My Blood Sugar – Record and monitor your daily blood sugar levels
- My Care Clinic – Learn about updates, events and the clinic
- About Diabetes – Find out about diabetes diagnosis and treatment
- Resources – Access information brochures, articles and useful links
- Lifestyle – Find recipes, exercises and helpful information about living with diabetes.
Complementing the DCC website is the face-to-face DCC.
How the Face-to-Face DCC works
The Face-to-Face DCC is run by Credentialled Diabetes Educators based at a number of conveniently located QML Pathology collection centres.
The Educators will work with the referring GP to develop a comprehensive management plan for each patient.
Benefits for You
- Run by Credentialled Diabetes Educators
- Mixture of individual and group education sessions
- A 100% bulk billed service for Medicare cardholders
- Based at various QML Pathology collection centres throughout Queensland
- Education and self management tools
- Access to the DCC website diabetes.medway.com.au and a wide range of features – recipe and exercise information, pathology results (Hba1c, albumin/creatinine ratio, cholesterol), interactive tools for monitoring blood sugar levels, articles and information brochures
Enrolling in the Face-to-Face DCC
- Make an appointment with your GP
- Your GP will need to complete the following forms to enrol you:
- Medicare referral form for individual allied health services
- Medicare referral form for group allied health services for people with type 2 diabetes (if applicable)
- Copy of General Practice Management Plan (GPMP) / Team Care Arrangement (TCA)
- Once completed, the GP needs to send the enrolment information to the DCC team:
- Via QML Pathology Courier
- By fax: (07) 5444 6061
- By email: Diabetes Care Clinic
- By post: The Diabetes Care Clinic
c/- QML Pathology
PO Box 5071
Maroochydore BC QLD 4558
- Once the DCC team have received your enrolment they will contact you regarding an appointment at one of our conveniently located collection centres.